Have you suffered an injury as a result of negligence by another party? A personal injury attorney will advocate for you when you have been harmed due to another’s reckless behavior. When you have been a victim of personal injury, your life can be changed forever. Regardless of the circumstance, when you suffer injuries you can be left feeling frustrated and scared of the road ahead.
Attorney Monish Patel is committed to helping clients obtain the maximum compensation for injuries and losses that have been sustained. Contact our office as soon as you are injured so that we can help you regain your life after an injury.
A serious personal injury can cause disruption to your daily life while impacting your finances due to missed work and piling medical bills. Personal injury is a broad term that encompasses many different types of injury that have many different causes. Every year, people in Indiana suffer injuries due to a wide array of accidents that are caused by gross negligence.
The most common causes of personal injury cases in Indianapolis are:
- Motor vehicle accidents including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and bicycle accidents.
- Premises liability caused by unclean spills, defective electrical wiring, poor construction, cluttered areas, and code violations.
- Slip and fall caused by wet floors, uneven pavement, cluttered areas, changes in flooring, and unmarked grade changes in the floor.
- Medical malpractice including surgical mistakes, complications from anesthesia/surgery, misdiagnosis, and contamination.
- Construction accidents including falls, shocks from faulty wires, burns, explosions, unstable materials, and heavy machinery accidents.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect including unexplained bruising, broken bones, patient isolation, financial exploitation, intimidation, and mocking the patient.
An experienced personal injury attorney can make a big difference in the outcome of your case. Patel Defense has the necessary experience and knowledge to optimize your odds of maximum compensation in a personal injury case.
A personal injury can happen in many different ways. As an experienced personal injury law firm, we have encountered many different types of injuries ranging from minor injuries to catastrophic and fatal injuries. There are many causes of personal injury including:
Construction Site Accidents
Slip and Fall
When you are injured in an accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, you will need to obtain an experienced personal injury lawyer immediately. At Patel Defense, we guide you through all of the paperwork, hearings, and final decisions in your case. There are several legal steps involved in a personal injury case in Indiana.
- The first step in any personal injury case in Indiana is a thorough review of your case by an experienced personal injury attorney. If your attorney feels that your case can be settled before a lawsuit is ever filed, he or she will send a demand for payment to the person who is at fault for your injury. If the demand letter is unsuccessful, your attorney will proceed to the next step: filing a lawsuit.
- Step two in a personal injury case is to file a lawsuit against the negligent party. Your attorney will notify the court and the defendant that a case has been filed. The defendant is then required to acknowledge that the case will be proceeding.
- Discovery is the third phase in a personal injury case in Indiana. Your attorney will gather and present all facts about your accident and injury so that they can be presented to the court. During this phase, attorneys will depose all parties to gather evidence to present a solid case. An experienced attorney will properly prepare their client for the deposition and always be present to prevent irrelevant or unfair questions from being asked.
- The fourth step in a personal injury case is settlement negotiations. Often times, insurance companies will settle cases before going to trial due to the high costs of litigation. As discovery comes to an end, the attorneys will consult and determine whether a settlement can be reached. If no agreement can be reached, your case will go to trial.
- The final step in a personal injury case is trial proceedings. Once all evidence is collected and prepared, your experienced attorney will bring your case to court. Trial proceedings can be lengthy and include: jury selection, opening statements, presentation of evidence, testimony, closing arguments, jury deliberation, and finally a verdict. An experienced Indiana personal injury attorney will review the decision and advise you whether to accept or appeal the decision.
There are many benefits to hiring an experienced Indiana attorney when you have been injured in an accident. At Patel Defense, we will not collect any fees unless we win your case. We offer complimentary case evaluations via telephone, home, or hospitals. If you have been injured in an accident, don’t wait to contact us! It is extremely important to contact an attorney before discussing your injury and case with the negligent party or their insurance company. Contact us for a complimentary case evaluation today!